Marvel WoH: Beastmode
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Event

4 posters

Go down

Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D.  Training Event Empty Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Event

Post  ChrisLeMay Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:26 pm

A few of the more active alliance members will be trading/gifting Fury and Maria cards back and forth during the event.
This way, we can alternate attacks, while having a full deck of these cards.

If you are interested in getting in on this, please reply to the topic.

Currently, I have a fully maxed/fused Fury, and 2 fused Maria(s) that I'm still leveling up.
I also have the 2 Tigra(s), which apparently will help in the event, but I'm not sure how I can possible max/fuse, and then max them before the event.

ChrisLeMay
Admin

https://beastmode.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D.  Training Event Empty Re: Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Event

Post  tingdc Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm in with fully fused, leveled, and mastered:
2 Nick Furys
3 Maria Hills
1 Tigra

---------------

Depending on how organized we want to be about this, I propose one of three schemes (in order of effort required) for passing Nicks/Hills around:

1. Ask for Nicks on Palringo before making a hit.
Before making a hit, check who's around on Palringo that isn't making a hit and has Nicks. They pass Nicks to you and you hit until you're out of energy then you pass the Nicks back. This would be the simplest demand dependent way of sharing the Nicks. Demand dependent is good because it doesn't rely on us having to make a schedule.

2. Form groups based on currently active players.
We check who's around on Palringo before making a hit. Out of all the currently active players we split ourselves into groups of 5 Nicks. So, for instance - Chris (1 Nick), MD (2 Nicks) and myself (2 Nicks) could be a 5 Nick group. The improvement on this over the latter scheme is that it minimizes queues and results in smaller communication spheres. If we have 20 Nicks between 20 people for example, 4 groups of 5 will have an easier time passing Nicks around and deciding who gets the Nicks next as opposed to 20 people having to come up with some sort of order and way to keep track of who gets the Nicks next. Everyone still gets to play with 5 Nicks, and everyone gets to do it quicker and with less hassle.

3. We make a schedule and spreadsheet of who currently has resources.
If we want to get really fancy about this, we can even make a check in/check out system. The disadvantage of the previous two ways are that inactive/sleeping/working people with Nicks are holding on to wasted resources. If we make a spreadsheet of who owns the Nicks and who currently has them - we can pass our Nicks to someone else before we go to bed, and they can just pass it back (or to someone else) when they're done. This would guarantee maximum use of all our Nicks. The best way to do this would be to assign controllers who will be active for certain shifts. People going offline will pass their Nicks to the controllers who will make a note of it on the spreadsheet. The controllers will pass those Nicks to people on active schedule (or we can even nix the schedule and the controllers can just pass the Nicks as per scheme #2 by being part of a 5 Nick group which would be even simpler). Controllers will gift the Nicks back to the original owners when they wake up/get off work.

-----------
I think #2 is probably the best way to go forward. I don't know us and our schedules well enough to know if we can have people around constantly online to manage the flow of resources. The benefit of #3 is really only apparent if we don't have enough Nicks spread among us to guarantee that there will always be 5 Nicks available to those online, which I think we will.

-----------
tl;dr: #1 is simplest. #2 is probably best. Unless anyone else has better suggestions.

tingdc

Back to top Go down

Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D.  Training Event Empty Re: Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Event

Post  dangerminx Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm a bit confused. Do we even know the function of the cards during the event? Will fury do extra damage to walls or gain extra holy war points? With 3 different event cards, I'm curious to see how this is going to turn out.

That being said, which would be a better deck:

Speed based:
Ssr nova+
Ssr fury+ x2
Sr Maria hill
Ur black widow

Or

Bruiser based:
Ur Thor+
Sr Thor+ x3
Ssr tigra

dangerminx

Back to top Go down

Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D.  Training Event Empty Count me in

Post  TheChad72 Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm

I have:

2 Maria Hill+ (fused)
2 Nick Fury+ (fused)
2 Tigra (Not yet fused)

TheChad72

Back to top Go down

Post  TheChad72 Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm

dangerminx wrote:I'm a bit confused. Do we even know the function of the cards during the event? Will fury do extra damage to walls or gain extra holy war points? With 3 different event cards, I'm curious to see how this is going to turn out.

That being said, which would be a better deck:

Speed based:
Ssr nova+
Ssr fury+ x2
Sr Maria hill
Ur black widow

Or

Bruiser based:
Ur Thor+
Sr Thor+ x3
Ssr tigra

We don't know what the special effects will be yet, but if it is anything like the last event, your speed based deck would probably be much stronger.

TheChad72

Back to top Go down

Post  tingdc Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am

Will fury do extra damage to walls or gain extra holy war points? With 3 different event cards, I'm curious to see how this is going to turn out.

You're right, we don't know exactly what everyone's effects actually are especially since this is the first of its kind for WoH. I'm guessing that the three of them will be like RoB wallbreakers or point boosters like you've mentioned. If this works like RoB we'll want to stack whichever cards are wallbreakers. WoH looks like it has simpler mechanics than RoB though so I wouldn't be surprised if they change certain things.

Disclaimer: I don't play RoB. All this is just from what I've read of RoB Holy Wars which is what the next event looks to be like.

tingdc

Back to top Go down

Post  dangerminx Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:59 am

Exactly, we are acting under the assumption that this will be like RoB, and like you said, WoH seems to be a bit more simple. I'm just sitting tight, mastering what I can. I'm ready to scramble on Friday morning.

Perhaps Friday can be an introduction to the event where we figure out what's going on, and then on the weekend, we can coordinate.

dangerminx

Back to top Go down

Post  tingdc Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 am

Oh, there'll probably be an initial period of bumping around but I think having multiples of known event cards (or any subset thereof) is a pretty safe bet for a good thing. Besides, it's simple enough that we don't lose anything planning for it and we'll get to hit the ground running come Friday if it turns out (which it seems likely to be) that multiple Nicks is a good thing.

Pure guesswork on mechanics from this point:
I think they'll follow on the scheme of forcing people to have event cards to do well, prompting them to buy cards. They can't make it "have one Nick to do well" because then people would just stop buying card packs after they get one Nick. They'll either make the effects stack so having more Nicks makes sense or do something like last event where 2 Thors were more power efficient than 1 Thor because of the +5 power cost each Loki hit. I think it'll just be wall breakers and valor boosters like RoB and the Tigras are just around so everyone gets to have a taste of how useful the event cards are in order to tempt them to shop for more event cards.

tingdc

Back to top Go down

Upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D.  Training Event Empty How Defense Works

Post  TheChad72 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Maybe one you you fine people who were well versed in ROB can help me. I never really understood the mechanics behind the Defense statistics in terms of how many points are used up when someone battles you.
Here are a couple of questions:

If someone battles you and defeats you, how many defense points are used up?

If someone battles you and does not defeat you, are any defense points used, if so how many?

Thanks to everyone for helping me figure this out.

TheChad72

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum